Yesterday I spent the morning traveling to visit my mother. I’ve mentioned in a past post that I have been assisting with my mother and father’s care (my father passed away two weeks ago, Allahu alim), so for the past 6 months I’ve spent two weeks out of each month in another state as my husband and I prepare to move our family to live in the same state as my mother so we can care for her more effectively.
Over the past few months I’ve gotten pretty used to working while traveling. Having a laptop and cell phone are the essence of my business as a service provider. The majority of my clients prefer to communicate via email, but I can conduct business by my cell phone when necessary.
Lots of people work while traveling. If you’re staying in a hotel with WiFi it makes things much easier. I secured Internet service in my parent’s home as soon as I realized I’d be spending so much time away. Having unlimited access to a secured Internet connection certainly works in my favor.
Do you travel and operate a home business? If so, please share your tips.
Sign up today to start receiving Muslimah’s Working at Home’s free business tips and guides for sisters seeking work/life balance as well as happier, healthier, financially and spiritually fulfilled lives.
- What's Stopping You from Setting Goals?
- 4 Tax Deductions Your Home Business Can’t Afford to Miss
- Outsourcing Tips for Home-Based Businesses
- I Survived Blackberry Blackout 2011
- Muslimah Buisness Spotlight: Sana Khan, The Artizan Affect
- Muslimahs Working at Home Book Review: Spark & Hustle: Launch and Grow Your Small Business
- How to Write When You’re Not a Writer
- Ebook Review: Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers – 10 Steps to Success, by Janet Thaeler and Ponn Sabra
- Understanding Back End Sales
- Is It Time to Outsource Your Social Media Marketing?