Yesterday I spent the morning traveling to visit my mother. I’ve mentioned in a past post that I have been assisting with my mother and father’s care (my father passed away two weeks ago, Allahu alim), so for the past 6 months I’ve spent two weeks out of each month in another state as my husband and I prepare to move our family to live in the same state as my mother so we can care for her more effectively.
Over the past few months I’ve gotten pretty used to working while traveling. Having a laptop and cell phone are the essence of my business as a service provider. The majority of my clients prefer to communicate via email, but I can conduct business by my cell phone when necessary.
Lots of people work while traveling. If you’re staying in a hotel with WiFi it makes things much easier. I secured Internet service in my parent’s home as soon as I realized I’d be spending so much time away. Having unlimited access to a secured Internet connection certainly works in my favor.
Do you travel and operate a home business? If so, please share your tips.
Sign up today to start receiving Muslimah’s Working at Home’s free business tips and guides for sisters seeking work/life balance as well as happier, healthier, financially and spiritually fulfilled lives.
- Muslimah Business Spotlight: Shakirah Dawud, Owner of Deliberate Ink Copywriting and Editing
- Countdown to Ramadhan: Will You Adjust Your Work-at-Home Schedule?
- Tracking Your Website Performance
- Muslimah Business Spotlight: Muslamb Letterpress Stationers
- One-on-One Home Business Mentoring Program Discount
- The Importance of Maintaining Separate Business Accounts
- How Networking on LinkedIn Unexpectedly Led to My Latest Freelance Gig
- How to Identify Patterns of Success
- Learn New Skills to Stay Sharp
- Monday Work-at-Home Madness